Serge Salamanka wrote:
> TinyMCE editor seems to be useful
>
> Is that possible to implement interface on the basis of smth like Plone
> (plone.org) ?
>
>>  Do you have experience doing javascript/AJAX development?
>
> Nope. I don't.
> I think I could be useful in developing some dynamic features of
> interface because I'm interested in that.
> But the thing is don't know what to start with.
> Unfortunately Sage doesn't have capability to edit formulas in human
> style. That's what might be also of interest to me.
> Creation of different plates for input of special characters, all those
> things that please the eye.

Here are several things that you could do, depending on how comfortable
you are and how much time you have:

1. Going on what you say above, you could take a look at
http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/talks/2006-12-08.IMA/editor.html.  This
is done by the same person that did the jsMath rendering and it is a
very nice equation editor purely in javascript (which means we could
probably incorporate it into our notebook).  Davide (the author) says it
isn't done, but it does have some very nice functionality right now.  It
would be great to find out what he feels isn't done about it, fix it,
and incorporate it into Sage.  The current code there is under the
Apache license, so it's all right for you to download it, modify it, and
distribute it.

The file listed above in conjunction with the source code:

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/talks/2006-12-08.IMA/JS/jsMathEdit.js

seem to be all that you need.

2. Review the patch and spkgs at
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/4255, which provides in-place
wysiwyg editing of text cells, based on tinyMCE and a jquery plugin.

3. Clean up the js.py and the notebook code in general.  Note that other
people are working on this as well, so it would be best to post on
sage-devel about what you'd like to do or ask what is needed.  This is
probably the most work if you're not familiar with javascript
programming and/or python web frameworks.

Jason