Dear Adela,

On Feb 4, 11:46 pm, Adela <adisev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to solve a big system of nonlinear equations(it consists of 114
> equations, with 61 indeterminates, all of them can be only 0 and 1 and
> I work modulo 2).
>
> I solve it using Groebner bases. So, my problem coms to finding the
> reduced Groebner base for an ideal generated by 114 polynomials.
>
> Can you tell me if Sage can face it, or approximatively how long would
> take to do that? I'm afraid only of a crush; I can wait long, it's not
> so important, if in the end I have a result.

When computing Gröbner bases, one never knows...

In some application, I had to compute a Gröbner basis for a system of
about 30000 non-homogenous polynomials of degree 3 with 42 variables
and with rational coefficients. But Singular (which does the Gröbner
basis computation in Sage) only needed a few hours.

If you really have the property x^2==x for all your variables then of
course it would considerably simplify the computation. So, I encourage
you to try it.

Best regards
       Simon