> Well, to be honest 4 GB isn't much these days and GBasis computations
> tend to be rather large, especially if you use Lex. I often ran out of
> memory on a 24 GB system three years ago doing rather large-ish GB
> computations and none of those ideals were the size you posted. That
> was over various F_p and not boolean rings, so the amount of memory
> needed is different and PolyBoRi is extremely efficient storing
> boolean polynomials.

Wow, this is impressive. When I bought the system, I thought that 4 GB
RAM would be enough because usually I don't need that much. But soon
after that, the problem with GBasis arose and I discover that it's not
enough. To be honest, I never imagined that I needed more.

PolyBoRi is automatically used by Sage for GB computations?

On the other hand I calculated my new ideal and I wonder why it takes
so long for SAGE to evaluate just the ideal and not to compute the GB.
As I said in my previous posts, I only introduced the ideal, pressed
evaluate, waited all night long and nothing. So I didn't even got in
to the GB computation phase.

Is this normal?

And another last question: should I use SAGE via web or installe it on
my system? Which one do you think is faster? Does it matter?

Many thanks!