On Mar 11, 2009, at 8:57 AM, nsauer wrote:

> Thanks for replying;
>
> I start sage by double clicking on the name "sage" in the finder.
> It is  in /Applications/sage/
> This file sage, in /Applications/sage/ is a Unix Executible File.
> Even so, if in the terminal I change the directory to
> /Applications/sage/ and type sage
> I get the return that
> -bash: sage: command not found

OK, what you need to do is cd into the directory then type

./sage

or

./sage -b

to build the changes. By default, bash looks for commands in a
specified set of directories (the PATH environment variable) but if
you specify a path (./sage means the "sage" file in the current
directory) it will forgo the lookup and use that one.