On Mar 10, 1:00 pm, nsauer <nsa...@math.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply;
>
> As I am completely new to sage I do not know how to
> perform the indicated change. I looked at the file
> sage/devel/sage/sage/matrix0.pyx
> but could not figure out how and where to add
> the function sage.matrix.matrix0.set_latex_delimiters('[',']')

If you want to make a change just for your own personal use (that is,
switching to square brackets, not implementing set_latex_delimiters),
then in the line

        return "\\left(\\begin{array}{%s}\n"%format + s + "\n\\end
{array}\\right)"

change '\\left(' to '\\left[' and similarly change '\\right)' to '\
\right]'.  Run 'sage -b' to recompile the changed file.  If you're
going to be using 0 x n matrices, or n x 0 matrices, then you should
also change the parentheses to brackets in this line (36 lines
earlier):

  return "()"

--
John