On Mar 16, 8:54 am, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It copied ok, but then...

<SNIP>

> ImportError: dlopen(/Users/.../sage/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
> sage/misc/randstate.so, 2): Library not loaded: /tmp/fooo/sage-3.4/
> local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Users/.../sage/local/lib//libcsage.dylib
>   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>         /Users/.../sage/local/lib//libgmp.3.dylib: incompatible cpu-
> subtype

<SNIP>

> And the same thing happens each time I try to use it.  I'm sorry to
> have to report that.  This is a G4 PPC running X.4.

Ok, it now looks like MPIR produces a library that does not work on a
G4 anymore. This makes this binary not very useful any more. There is
a G4 notebook in the Sage lab in Seattle, but it only has 256 MB RAM,
so building Sage on it takes forever. If we could upgrade the memory
it would be useful enough to build 10.4 PPC G4 binaries.

> - kcrisman

Cheers,

Michael