William Stein wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is no native port of Sage to Microsoft Windows (I
> wish there were).  So you can't use it from .NET.
>
>  -- William

Is that situation changing? I was under the impression Microsoft were sponsoring
a port, but I've not heard much about it. Is this progressing well?

Knowing the hurdles to overcome in porting Sage to Solaris, I would imagine
those hurdles are much larger to port to Windows. However, with a larger user
base, perhaps you can attract more developers, so a port is easier.

To write portable code, you do really need to consider portability from the
start. Much of the code in Sage was not written with that in mind.

Dave