William Stein wrote:

>> But that is very different from a native Windows port, which was I thought we
>> were talking about.
>
> We are talking about porting Sage to windows.   I will leave it to the
> lawyers to define "native Windows port".

Fair enough.

> I strongly disagree with your assertion that Cygwin would be vastly
> inferior to VirtualBox for Windows users.    How much have you used
> VirtualBox or Cygwin?  I've used both for hundreds of hours, and I've
> also listened to and watched tons of Windows users.    Sage built
> using Cygwin would be vastly better for most Windows users than
> VirtualBox.
>
>  -- William

I've not used either very much, but of the two, I much prefer VirtualBox.
Personally I was never over impressed with Cygwin, but I find Virtualbox very
impressive.

FWIW, a Google on Cywin brings up 4.8 million hits. On VirtualBox 4.2 million
hits. Considering Cywin was released in 1995 and VirtualBox in 2007, it would
suggest to me its a more popular tool today.

dave