> > > Yes, you can do this as follows.
>
> > > (1) Enter the following in an input cell:
>
> > > %hideall
> > > html(r"""
> > > This is a test.
>
> > > $$\alpha + \beta$$
>
> > > """)
>
> > > (2) Complete refresh the page.
>
> > > You should see just the output text, no input box, and the output text
> > cannot be edited
> > > via double click.  To edit it, one must click the Edit button in the
> > upper right.
>
> > Thanks this does what I need in terms of "locked" text.  It seems that
> > there is no way to lock the cells though, right?  I think such a feature
> > would be useful.
>
> Yes you can.  You can just define code and %hideall it too.
>
> %hideall
> def foo(n,m):
>     return n+m
>
> Then the students won't even see the code.

This is totally not listed on http://localhost:8000/help/ with the
notebook.  I didn't even know about this hideall - a neat feature.
Particular because %hide (also not listed on http://localhost:8000/help/)
is a little flaky - sometimes, especially with interacts, it doesn't
hide consistently.   I wonder why these didn't make it into "Special
Cell Blocks" on that page?

- kcrisman