On Nov 2, 8:22 am, Juan Luis Varona <juanluis.var...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear sage friends,
>
> [Sorry for my bad English]
>
> I have installed Sage.app 4.6 on Mac. For me, it is great, because I
> teach math with sage and, for the students, it is much easy to launch
> Sage.app than the Terminal.
>
> But I have a question:
>
> - If in the menu "File -> Open File..." of Sage.app I open a .sage
> file, it is executed in a terminal. OK.
>
> - Instead, If I open a .sws file, a new window appears, with some
> controls in the top
> (with icons similar >, <, turn, X and a place to writ text).
> But, except for the bar with controls, the window is empty.
> Which is the utility of this window and the controls?

Dear Juan Luis,

So glad you like it!  Ivan Andrus has worked tirelessly to start and
improve it, so this is a public shout-out to him.

Unfortunately, because Sage in general doesn't support opening the
notebook directly from a .sws file, this doesn't work.  As far as we
know there is no technical barrier, and tickets are open for it; we
just need people who know this part of the code to write the code to
do it.   So double-clicking a .sws file opens the Sage app, but
nothing else.   However, we know this is highly desired, and any help
providing this would be most welcome.

The window you see is a basic Web browser included in Sage.app.  If
you turn on the server, you should be able to go to localhost:8000 and
view your notebook, and then upload the .sws from there.

Hope this helps,
- kcrisman