On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/11 1:02 PM, William Stein wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Jason Grout
>> <jason-s...@creativetrax.com>  wrote:

>>> The load isn't particularly heavy---only about 8 people.  It was handling
>>> much bigger load yesterday, for example.  The server was even slow
>>> serving
>>> up the webpage when I tried to get it from the computer the server is
>>> running on, so I'm not sure what is going on.  I restarted it once more
>>> and
>>> it seems fine now.  Let us know if it gets slow again.
>>>

>> It got very slow again and I'm restarting it.  I'm worried that has
>> something to do with what you (Jason) did, e.g., switching to twisted
>> 11?
>
> The recent changes certainly seem like the most likely culprit. Switching
> back to the old versionis should be as easy as switching one symbolic link
> to point to sage-4.7 instead of sage-4.7.1:
>
> cd /sagenb/sage_install/
> rm sage_sagenb
> ln -s sage sage_sagenb
>
> and then restarting sagenb.

Instead I just commented these two lines out of the admin script:

        #elif self.name == 'sage_notebook-sagenb':
        #    sage = 'sage-sagenb'

then did

sagenb@mod:~/servers$ ./admin --restart=sagenb

Instantly after doing this *demo* became much faster.
I noticed before doing this that there was a single sagenb server
Python process running in top using a lot of cpu..

 -- William