Thanks! Actually, I have a little problem. In setup.py I have:

                Extension('thing',
                        sources=['mypackage/thing.pyx'],
                        include_dirs = [SAGE_LOCAL +
'/lib/python/site-packages/numpy/core/include',
                                SAGE_LOCAL + '/include/csage',
                                SAGE_DEVEL + '/sage/sage/ext',
                                SAGE_DEVEL + '/sage'],
                        library_dirs = [SAGE_LOCAL + '/lib']

Now, thing.pyx has a class Thing, which in Sage is then called
thing.Thing. However, I would like it to be called
'mypackage.thing.Thing'. Is this possible?

(If in the above code I change the first argument of Extension to
'mypackage.thing', I am unable to import it at the sage: prompt -
although thing.so gets put inside the site-packages/mypackage
directory instead of in its parent.)

Emil