If it is of interest to an academic community then it probably should be
part of Sage ;-)

On Friday, March 30, 2012 11:04:00 PM UTC+1, Emil wrote:

> 3) probably shouldn't be made part of everyone's Sage, but it would be
> good if people could install it easily, as it will be of interest to a
> certain community.

PS: For testing a single command I find the

sage -b && sage -c "print 1+1"

command line useful. Then edit and re-run the command to check that your
edit worked as intended. For simple things attach()-ing is fine but once it
gets to Cython and/or category code you'll run into its limitations.