Hi Dima,

On 2018-09-29, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> set_gap_memory_pool_size()
> controls the amount of memory GAP and libGAP get if started from Sage.
> The latter is dynamic, as opposed to "sage --gap"

Do I understand correctly: libgap has dynamic pool size, but
gap-via-pexpect has not? That would explain why libgap can do what
gap-via-pexpect can't. But why does my computation work in "sage -gap",
but not in gap-via-pexpect?

Anyway, using set_gap_memory_pool_size(2*get_gap_memory_pool_size())
till everything works sounds like a reasonable way out.

Thanks and best regards,
Simon