> Aley Keprt wrote:
> > 2. new floppy interface, can read/write GZipped SAD images!!!
>
> Is SAD version 2 just SAD version 1 in a gzip archive, or are there any
> other structural changes?  Is gzipped DSK support too, as they're more
> commonly used.

DSK can't be GZipped, since there is no header and we need to know the
size of uncompressed file. Otherwise it would be slow.
SAD version 2 = SAD.GZ

> > note: SAAemu 0.60 is now available in Win32 version too.
> > (I hope it will be included in the first Win32 release of SimCoupe.
> > .....Who knows.....)
>
> I was waiting to hear back from you about it - is there anything I can
try?
> I'd be interested in seeing Dave's hq stuff in action, but I've not got
> enough interface documentation to use the DLL you sent me a couple of
weeks
> ago.

I've sent the WORKING library to Si Owen some weeks ago!
Si, don't you remenber?

You can see the interface in action. Look to SimCoupe 0.79 sources.

> What's the sound latency like - is there much lag when playing games?
> (crashes when run under NT so I'll try it tonight...)

DOS version doesn't use HQ driver, so there's no latency.
It doesnt' run on NT!

Win32 version runs on NT well, latency is stange.
It is only experimental version, the latency is 1 second.
Too much, I think.

> Si

note: Win32 version with HQ driver (high quality) is not
ready for public, because the author Dave Hooper
don't want to release HQ driver.
This can change in some days. I will speak with Dave.

Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley