Aley Keprt wrote:
> DSK can't be GZipped, since there is no header and we need to know
> the size of uncompressed file. Otherwise it would be slow.

The Win32 version uses C++ disk classes that handle with SDF, SAD and DSK in
regular file, gzip and regular zip.  I check for the file types in that
order as the first 2 are easy to spot from their signatures.  For DSK images
I just read 819200 bytes from it make sure there's no more data in the
stream, so the size can be used as a kind of signature.  If all of those
fail then it's not it's not a valid disk image.

> I've sent the WORKING library to Si Owen some weeks ago!
> Si, don't you remenber?

I got SAASound.dll, which works great with your SAA32.EXE, but the only
extra source stuff was a .LIB and a simple header file that includes some
structures and a class definition (no class implementation).  The DLL
exports don't include any decorated functions that would be required for the
class, and there's no header file for the other exported functions.  Am I
missing something?

> You can see the interface in action. Look to SimCoupe 0.79 sources.

The source directory for 0.79 doesn't seem to have all the modules that
contain the sound stuff (such as procssor.c).  Have they not changed since
0.783a?  If they have, could you please send me them - thanks!

> Win32 version runs on NT well, latency is stange.
> It is only experimental version, the latency is 1 second.
> Too much, I think.

Just having sound will be a start, but that's going to have to come down a
lot for anything with sound effects!

> note: Win32 version with HQ driver (high quality) is not
> ready for public, because the author Dave Hooper
> don't want to release HQ driver.

I was in touch with Dave yesterday, and I certainly won't be releasing
anything of his without prior permission.  I was highly impressed with his
HQ driver, which ran great under NT too, so I'm keenest to get that up and
running first, with your extra sound drivers done after that.

Si

ICQ: 9769343, Homepage: http://www.obobo.demon.co.uk/