> Andrew Collier wrote:
> > One idea you could consider, which Ian described to me (I think he'd used
> > it in his X spectrum emulator) would be that Left-Shift produces the
> > keystroke you'd expect from looking at your PC's keyboard (eg, left-shift
> > and '0' gives ')') wheras Right-Shift directly corresponds to the Shift
> key
> > on the Sam (eg, right-shift and '0' gives '~').
>
> I tend to use the different shift keys fairly interchangably when typing,
> depending on what I'm shifting to get at, which would give very strange
> results!   Instead I've got 3 keyboard modes to choose from:

I use the both shifts too.
(e.g. for " I always use right Shift, while left hand presses 2, etc.)
(I'm affraid this example is irrelevant since " key is always on 2 ;-))

> distinguish between left and right versions on all platforms.  I've not got
> access to any USB keyboards to try it out... if they're cheap enough I might
> give it a try!

I'm affraid USB can distinguis shifts, but iMac can't. (not sure for this)

> Join the SimCoupe nightmare club!  ;-)

I will join too. ;-)

 Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley