Aley Keprt wrote:
> The last big things I added were 32bit sound support, and GZ-packed disk
> images
> (what Si ignored, and made his own standard - oooh like Microsoft.....).

Are you saying that the .SDF format was not needed?   Most people prefer
.DSK images for regular format disks (which is the majority of SAM stuff),
and ALL the rest CAN be covered by .SDF.  So, why is it we need .SAD?  :-P

I didn't ignore your changes - I started with a version that happened not to
include anything you'd done.  I've been working on the new version on and
off since about March 99, and at least some of your changes were later than
that.  When I did add sound support I used Dave Hooper's SAASOUND module
because it was Windows friendly and ultimately more portable - as well as
being extremely accurate.  I've also added support for zipped and gzipped
images using ZLIB, which covered SAD version 2.