> summary:
> I don't say that children should be kept in a black box.
> But I don't think it is clever to go and click anything I don't know.
> Especially if people don't know computers well, they should be careful, as
> in the real life. If you tak a power saw and cut out our hand, it's
because
> you weren't too careful. It doesn't mean that power saw is a bad thing and
> should be banned.

So, in summary, you never do *anything* without first having the proper
training, and asking someone more qualified than you, exactly what it is you
should be doing?

Do you have this same trauma every time you buy a new kitchen utensil? Those
potato peelers are pretty new-fangled.

Sure, people learn when something goes wrong, but they should have to learn
by their computer dying.  Much better if they get a warning that it *could*
destroy their computer, (i.e. before they run the file), ....if they *still*
click it, fair enough, they can't complain.... but otherwise, it's hardly
their fault.

Comparing getting an email to putting petrol in a car is a awful analogy...
People *know* petrol is flammable (even if they just watch bad Hollywood
films)... and there are signs for stoopid people saying "no naked flames,
switch off engine".   You don't see the equivalent in mail software, no
prominent signs saying "no clicking, switch on file extensions"...

How do you propose they are to know?  The best way to learn with computers
is to try stuff out.... but there should be protection to stop people doing
real harm, if even just a warning.  Better than laughing at their
(blameless) ignorance.

a button marked "I LOVE YOU".

And you've never pushed a button on a car (mobile, microwave, cooker) just
to see what happens?

Fitz