On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:07:17 -0000 "Geoff Winkless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Frode wrote:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/z88dk/
>
> > C cross-compiler to Z80. SAM Support included. No IDE and no debugger,
>
> > but I guess SimCoupe could be used as a debugger?
>
> The problem is that without an IDE, then a debugger is pretty useless.
> You need something which will allow you to track the current position of
> code and refer it back to a particular section of source, and
> automatically take you to that source.

You don't NEED that. I have no problems whatsoever having source code
in one window and the debugger/simulator in another. Compiling in
a third. Actually, I prefer it.

> It's the kind of thing that only a tight level of integration between
> the tools (the assembler, the editor and the simulator) can really
> bring.

I know. And tight integration = high complexity = manhours.

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø           | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      ^
| Ericsson AS.            | Isebakkeveien 49               |