Frode wrote:
> This is a claim I have never seen substantiated.

What's to substantiate?

With separate systems I need to compile, upload the file somehow to the
emulator, run the emulator, run the code. I then need to set up the
debugger within the emulator to do exactly what I need (and depending on
how much the code has changed since the last modification the
breakpoints may all have moved), wait for my debugger to catch the
condition, then figure out to which bit of code the debugger is
pointing, then go back to my editor and find the code to which it
refers.

With an IDE, I can just hit "run->debug" and all the compilation is
done, the upload is done, the running is done, all the breakpoints are
moved automatically (and can be stored with the project, should I so
wish) and as soon as a break condition is encountered the source is
directly in front of me.

How does that -not- save a lot of time?

I remember when I used to write C using vi, gcc and gdb. The amount of
effort involved in tracking down a bug compared to using VC++ was
-huge-.

Geoff