2008/5/23 Frode Tenneboe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/SinclairUser/Issue099/Tape/SUIssue99-Megatape27.tzx.zip
>
> ..or more easily accessible:
>
> ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/sam-coupe/disks/demos/SimonGoodwin-512x384Interlace.zip

Thanks Frode.  Brings back memories loading a program on SAM from
"tape" (my laptop playing back the converted tzx file)  :-)

Here's Simon's vision finally realised 18 years on :-)
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dlaundon/mode3+3a.jpg

and when the TV gets the fields the wrong way around...
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dlaundon/mode3+3b.jpg

Unfortunately today the TV seems to be having trouble locking on to
SAM's signal.  It will periodically show a blank screen for half a
second or so, annoyingly frequently at times.  Also the picture seems
quite noisy (the photos don't really show it though).  On a previous
TV (years ago) it seemed like the composite signal and RGB signals
were interfering with each other (and one seemed to be offset from the
other by a few lines).  I wonder if something similar is happening
here (anyone know if it's possible to wire a scart lead without the
composite signal?  I had an idea it was still needed for some reason).

Dave.