Dave wrote:
> Here's Simon's vision finally realised 18 years on :-)
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dlaundon/mode3+3a.jpg

Oooh, nice!

> On a previous
> TV (years ago) it seemed like the composite signal and RGB signals
> were interfering with each other (and one seemed to be offset from the
> other by a few lines).  I wonder if something similar is happening
> here (anyone know if it's possible to wire a scart lead without the
> composite signal?  I had an idea it was still needed for some reason).

On a SAM RGB Scart cable the composite video output from the SAM (pin 19) is
not connected. At the TV end, Pin 19 connects to Pin 16 via a 470ohm
resistor - the diagram in the SAM manual of a RGB Scart lead just has a wire
link between 16 and 19 but the pop a resistor in instead. If you don't have
a suitable cable to canabalise I do have RGB Scart leads made up.

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupe
1995-2008 - Celebrating 14 Years of developing for the SAM Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/