Hi all,

I just subbed today but have been periodically delving into the archives of
this mailing list for the past six months or so when looking for tips and ticks
for programming my SAM. I've had the machine for about ten years or so having
snapped a mint unit off ebay, but it's taken this long to have a real play with
it beyond firing up Manic Miner! right now I'm in the process of programming a
platform game for the SAM which has been coming along quite nicely since
September of last year when on the flight home from my honeymoon in the States
I decided to have a crack at it - some of you may have seen a couple of posts
from me to the WOS forum which got me off to a good start but I thought this
might be a better place to come for advice?

Anyway, I have one question right now regarding the E-Tracker compiler - took
me some time to track down a copy from the web - but it seems to seriously
reduce the speed at which a module is playing. Is this by design, or could
there be some piece of magic I am missing? I snagged it off the Velesoft web
page (http://velesoft.speccy.cz/saa1099-cz.htm). I assumed it was my code that
might be at fault, but the module when played in the windows SAA application
sounds just as slow as it does when played from interrupt in my program. The
pre-compiled module plays at the correct speed inside the main e-tracker.

I intend to take a look at pro-tracker because I believe this offers efficiency
advantages, but in the meantime I was hoping to use e-tracker so any advice
would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers!

Andrew