Folder Redirection will always (I think - or maybe Samba has a way to
disable this, but I don't think it would be a good idea at all) store
local cached copy of those folders on the local computer... what it
accomplishes is it saves all of the copying back and forth when
logging in/out.

NO, IT DOESN'T! What you describe is the behavior of normal *roaming profiles*. Folder redirection *does not* move files back and forth. The files in redirected folders will always reside on the server. I know this not only from theory but *from experience*.