From: Yasha Karant <ykar...@csusb.edu>

"Modern BSD ...  Linux ... Mac  ...  PCs  ...  OSx ...   all other things
being equal..."

Apples and oranges are not equal in all other respects, but both are
nourishing and enjoyable to those who eat them.   Comparisons and analysis
of the virtues and differences between apples and oranges are best left to
those  eating them, not to those lecturing about how one is better than
another "all other things being equal."

The systems and technologies I have used in the past 35 years have rarely
been equal in all other respects, and some of my more costly mistakes are
based on choosing the "best" technology or design rather than the market
dominant design that works as well as it needs to.