On 2 January 2015 at 10:15, Bob Goodwin <bobgood...@wildblue.net> wrote:

> On 01/02/15 11:57, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Bob Goodwin <bobgood...@wildblue.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Jan 02 10:18:12 box10 kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code =
>>> -113
>>>
>> According to /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h, return code -113 means
>> /* No route to host */.
>>
>> Akemi
>>
>>  "No route to host" for Samba I guess, I am accessing the server via ssh
> and that's how I gathered the data shown? As I said originally, I can't
> mount the samba share "myshare" from either Fedora-21 client. That began
> immediately after the system update, yum I presume? A notice popped up that
> there were updates that needed to be done and I simply told it to go ahead
> after I enabled it's WAN access.
>
> I don't think there's any difference between the yum and dnf updates any
> longer. When they first began testing dnf there were some differences, I no
> longer pay any attention to it, just do yum update with F-21 and assume the
> same for SL-7?
>
> Without WAN access I wonder how ntp keeps time, I assume it must get it
> from wherever it can find it on the LAN? The Fedora boxes have access and
> always have the correct time.

Does the problem go away with

yum downgrade samba

That should move you back to an alternate RPM of samba.

The ntp server needs to be able to talk to some server on the network to
get time. The Fedora boxes might just be 'lucky' in keeping time if they
have no access either.

ntpq -p on each of the hosts will see how they are keeping time.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.