On 01/02/15 17:08, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
my internet connection is derived from a satellite connection which has
>a system delay on the order of 800 ms. I would think that would offset me
>from the rest of the world by nearly one second if it matters ...
Nahhh. Unless 'chrony' has completely mucked up the NTP spec, it deals
with symmetrical propagation delays pretty well. It effectively
reocords when you sent the request, when the response arrived, and
what the server thought the time was to derive the relevant skews.

Ok, that makes sense to me. I hadn't considered that ... so much to know!

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE