On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Ken Teh wrote:

> I need help with how to enable tftp service. I am trying to
> get something done and I have no patience for systemd's
> convoluted logic.

Time then, to retire from modern Unix, perhaps.  Change and
the tide of systemd will not be reversing

> The tftp-server installs
>
> (1) /etc/xinetd.d/tftp

Old way: Please examine this file, and as needed, edit to
enable the service (normally services are / were shipped
disabled, pre-systemd, as part of a hardening push back at RHL
7.2, back at the turn of the century).

Particularly the line:
        disable                 = yes

Alternatively (the old and) LSB specified way was: try as
root:
        chkconfig tftp on

- or the 'systemd way is: -
        systemctl enable tftp

---------

View what is enabled, or not, thus.  'grep' will work with
this form:
         systemctl list-unit-files --no-pager

viz:

[herrold@centos-7 ~]$  systemctl list-unit-files --no-pager | \
        grep tftp
tftp.service                                  indirect
tftp.socket                                   enabled

-- Russ herrold