On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 10:24:32AM -0500, Ken Teh wrote:

> I've done all that.  But after I reboot the system, I cannot tftp a file
> from the server.  But if I start tftp.service manually, I can get the file.
>
> If a service is never available on reboot after you've enabled it, what does
> 'systemctl enable' mean?
>
> Is there some magic sequence of steps I need to take to "really" enable the
> tftp service?

We use tftp via xinetd via systemd here, and it does work after a reboot.

I think you might need to enable xinetd via systemd as well. What is it's
status currently?

  systemctl status xinetd.service

(I couldn't spot that in your previous emails; apologies if you've already
posted it)

Enable it if required:

  systemctl enable xinetd.service

Paddy