I thought "House of 1000 Corpses" was amateurish.  "The Devil's
Rejects" has a gonzo, over-the-top insouciance that was not
unappealing.  I found it a stone gas that Sig Haig, the bad guy of
every Pam Grier celluloid wet dream I paid to see in the 70's was
still working (at 68).  I enjoyed Zombie's "Halloween," especially the
white trash preface he effectively used to connect the dots to the
monster young Michael Meyers became.  I also think Zombie is a better
filmmaker than John Carpenter who, I always felt, had better ideas
than execution.  Replacing the great Donald Pleasence with Malcolm
McDowell was an inspired choice.

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "grayson.reyescole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>