From: Reece Jennings <mcjennings...@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [RE][scifinoir2] Is Octavia Butler underrated in mainstream sci-fi
press?
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 7:36 PM

It might be a combination of all of that, Milton.  Yes, Black Women will set up
book
clubs, and discuss books, etc.  But when I mention Sci-Fi to most Black Women,
and
even try to get the to read some of Ms. Butler's books, they tend to pre-judge
and reject
without looking.  So I keep it to myself...except here, of course.  I think a
lot of women are
cutting off a vast expanse of great reading by pre-judging SF.