That was the time frame? We are talking ten years ago! (Schott sold the team in
1999).

But your point does allow me to press my contention that the whole steroids era
was a plot to keep the sport of baseball white.

Barry Bonds (Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriques, Manny Ramirez, et al) have been tarred
with a black brush as "steroid cheaters" but the real reason Major League
Baseball looked the other way all those years is because steroids made stars of
marginal white players like Brady Anderson and, yes, Mark McGwire.

Barry Bonds could have, would have, should have won more MVPs, won more homerun
titles AND been inducted into Baseball's Hall of Fame but he could not STAND
that McGwire was stealing all of his thunder when he (Bonds) KNEW McGwire was
juicing. I will never forget the post game interview at McGwire's locker where
you could clearly see the body of steriods on the locker's top shelf.  That is
how open a secret it was that white players were cheating and everyone in Major
League baseball knew about it.

~(no)rave!