Spoilery comments below....

~ "Where love and magic meet" ~
http://www.adriannebrennan.com
Experience the magic of the Dark Moon series:
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/books.html#darkmoon
Dare to take The Oath in this erotic fantasy series:
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/books.html#the_oath
The future of psychic sex - Dawn of the Seraphs (m/m):
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/dawnoftheseraphs.html

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM, marian_changling <md_moor...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I found it completely emotionally satisfying.  The gave each character arc
> an end.
>
> I didn't care for the "light" at the end, but given the extended metaphor
> used throughout the series, that would have been difficult to avoid.  They
> tried to keep the show out of the religious bucket, but that is difficult to
> do.  I had the same problem with the end of Connie Willis' novel "Passages".
>  It is difficult to be spiritual but not assign a religion.
>
> In reading reviews after the show, a lot of reviewers did not get it.  They
> reverted to thinking that the whole thing was a dream or they were all dead.
>  My quibbles were exactly the ambiguity that would allow people to think
> that, even though they explicitly stated that was not the case in the show.
>  There were a lot of heated arguments on abc.com on and lostipedia on just
> that topic.
>
> *** SPOILER?****
>

> Part of the problem is that Jack is ultimately the viewpoint character.  It
> "looked" like an ensemble show, but the end only works if you understand
> that we don't see anything that Jack doesn't know.  We don't know what
> happened on the island after he dies.  Hurley and Ben continue their
> stewardship and later die themselves but we see none of that.  So it's
> initially confusing to see them at the gathering with the others.
>
> All in all, better than Battlestar for me.  I would love to go back and see
> every episode now. I wouldn't do that for Battlestar.  (I never saw the 1st
> two years of BG and still feel no need to see them.)

Michael Emerson revealed in an interview we do get a 15 min epilogue with
Ben and Hurley afterwards as #1 and #2 :D :D :D

Only thing missing from that extreme squee would be Locke. Locke will
forever be my fav char. <3