Hi Julian,

Julian Herten-Greaven wrote:
[snip]
What I would like to accomplish, preferably without having to recompile
SciTE (because I don't know how), is to know how big a file is in the event
that half a print job gets misplaced.
[snip]
I suppose file size, line count, or something similar would be ok.. but a
total page count would really do the job. Other suitable workarounds would
likewise be greatly appreciated.

Here's an alternative viewpoint. I've almost never used a text editor to directly print text. I once used a HP Deskjet with poor paper feeding, so I adopted the habit of exporting to a document file and printing it instead. By doing so, I have better control over what and how I print. You can make style adjustments, edit the text, or reprint missed or botched pages. Nowadays I export to SXW and print using OpenOffice.org, usually with a page number in the footer.

HTH,
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)