On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 01:17:52PM +0200, Christian Theiss wrote:
> Hello together at [EMAIL PROTECTED],

> are there any linux drivers for the Schlumberger Reflex 20 Reader -
> these PCMCIA-based CardReaders???
> I want to write some driver if there isn't one out there ASAP!

        At the present time there isn't one.  I've got two of these
readers and I've been in contact with the Schlumberger rep for my
area and can confirm that no driver exists at this time.  He (the rep)
tells me that once I have a driver for the 72 (the newer serial reader)
that the driver for the 20 will be almost identical, but there's no
driver for the 72 either, just the 62/64 which is says is largely
obsolete.  I've got two 62's that work fine.  He's been promising me
a driver for the 72 and some specs but I don't currently have anything
in hand at this time.

> I can't mail to David Corcoran 'cause his mail address seems to be
> obsolete???

        What address did you try?

        This address should work:   David Corcoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        That would be very strange, if it didn't, since I've been
corresponding with him, off and on, at that address for a couple of
months.  He is away from E-Mail for periods, but that address has worked.

> Can somebody help me with this the support of this reader?
> I don't know, which interface (serial, usb, ide) this reader has and
> how I get along with this PCMCIA-Cardmgr?
> I got a manufacturer ID (manid) of 0xffff 0x0001?
> This is a default one!?

> CC please to [EMAIL PROTECTED]!!!

> Thanx for your support.
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Sorry for the bad news.

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/