Hi,

"Michael H. Warfield" wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 11:13:43AM -0500, David Corcoran wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > You are right, the driver for the Reflex 20 does not yet exist but there
> > are listners on this mailing list that might know the answer if anyone is
> > working on this ......
>
>         None that I know of, but that could change if I get a little
> more information.
>
> > The driver for the 72 actually is done and I have it and it will be
> > distributed in object form once I get the OK from the Schlumberger guys.
> > If you have an immediate need for it, I have been giving it out on a case
> > by case basis requesting that you don't ask Schlumberger for technical
> > help on it.

It is very important for me to support this driver till 02.09.00.
I would be very happy if we can get the object-driver for the Reflex 72 and
also the diff-Spec of the Reflex 20 to support the Reflex 20-driver!!!

Matthias Bruestle, how long does it take to finalize the client-driver?
Can we work together to finalize development 'cause I don't have much
time and I've written a CT-API-driver before.
But I need a running Reflex20 CT-API-ClientDriver till the first week of
september 2000!

David, please can you send the Reflex72-ObjectFile ???
It is very urgent for a presentation of our strong Java-Applets on the
Schlumberger Cyberflex Access Cards !!!
For Schlumberger this means to sell a few more Reflex20&Cyberflex, when we can
support this Reflex20.
Otherwise we will support another PC-Card !!!
I hope Schlumberger will understand this. Please talk to them.
We're a multimedia firm with strong Apps aimed on their platform!!!
Or maybe not...

>         I was told by Joel Tolbert at Schlumberger that a driver for
> the 20 should not be real difficult given a driver for the 72.  Apparently
> they are very similar archecturally.  You say you will be distributing
> the driver for the 72 in object form.  Is there some NDA involved that
> is getting in the way of the sources?  It could be as simple (he says
> with a cring) as creating a PCMCIA shim to provide a tty like interface
> for the 72 driver to talk to.

David, when you have a NDA, could you suit the Reflex20-driver, which is not
so different to the Reflex72, from which you have the specs?

> > I'm done here at Apple and I am going to take a few days off (Mon-Thurs)
> > of next week to visit with family/friends/etc.  Here is the state of the
> > progress here:
>
> > 1) Smartcard resource manager that supports hot pluggable devices
> > 2) Extended GetStatusChange to wait for any event (reader insertion)
> >    (iKey insertion)
> > 3) Started to play with Mach IPC on OSX for greater security.
> >    I will probably go to SecurRPC on the other machines.
>
>         [...]
>
> > Well, I'm back to school in a week for my last semester - I'll still be
> > working on this stuff .......
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Dave

> > David Corcoran                 Internet Security/Smartcards
>
> > Home:                          Purdue University
> > 1008 Cherry Lane               Department of Computer Science
> > West Lafayette, IN 47906
> > Home: (765) 463-0096
> > Cell: (765) 427-5147
>
> > http://www.linuxnet.com

>         Mike
> --
>  Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
>   NIC whois:  MHW9      |  An optimist believes we live in the best of all
>  PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471    |  possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!

> Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
> (Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
> http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html

Greetings,
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Christian Theiss