From: Ludovic Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MUSCLE Linux iButton support?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] on Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:09:52AM -0600

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:09:52AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:
> (1)  What's the state of the MUSCLE PAM drivers?  I've been poking around
> for smart card PAM drivers under Linux and the MUSCLE ones seem to be
> about the only alternative, but it's not clear to me whether they're being
> actively maintained, etc.

You can find a PAM module here
http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/smartsession/

For different (historical) reasons we do not use PC/SC to talk to the
smart card reader.

This free software product provides:
- secure login (RSA authentication)
- autolock (lock the console when the card is removed)
- cryptographic file system (automatic mount/umount of ciphered
  directories)

Some slides are also available
http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/smartsession/html/1.html

--
Ludovic Rousseau                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le Camembert, L.R. --