On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 01:27:13 -0500, Wendy Galovich wrote:

>At 07:25 PM 1/13/2001 -0500, Jeri Corlew wrote:
>>
>I don't play with
>>my hand that way most of the time, but it did help to learn the movement
>>needed.
>
>       Ah, we differ a bit there - for me adopting that bow hold was an
>end in itself. I made a point of learning it after getting some good
>advice, and seeing it used so effectively by many CB fiddlers. What I've
>found is that it really does make it easier to do the type of bowing
>called for in CB fiddling, with good deal less wear and tear on a number
>of joints that remind me in no uncertain terms when I batter them too
>much.

It's simply a different way of playing for me and I have to think about
playing that way to keep doing it.  I should put a bit of effort into
making it a habit, as it seems a more natural movement and I have more
control that way.  The up-and-down motion is a lot safer in sessions, too.
;-)

>       BTW Jeri, are you in the New England area? (I'm in CT.)

I'm in New Hampshire - not too far away from you.

Jeri