In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Nigel Gatherer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The most recent tunes I've learned are "The Angel's Share" - a lovely slow
> air composed by Crieff local Derek Richardson and recorded by On the
> Wagon;

Some time ago I wrote a tune called »The Angels' Share« in memory of
the late Michael Watson, erstwhile teacher of the Munich SCD group. He
left us long before his time but I trust he'll not be the last in line
when the evaporated whisky is being disposed of in Heaven. My tune is
not a slow air but a reel, since it is supposed to be suitable as an
alternative tune for Mike's dance, »The Lanes of Au«, which was
published by the RSCDS. I'd be happy to post the tune but I will have
to get it from my machine at home.

As for learning new tunes, I've recently been looking through some
music books that I got when I was in Glasgow last year, including some
volumes of Ceol na Fidhle that my library was missing until then and
one of Tom Anderson's books -- I think it's »Gie's an A« (?). Lots of
great tunes there.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau ......................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Python -- why settle for snake oil when you can have the *whole* snake?