>> ...does anyone have anyone good recommendations of recordings of
>> Scottish "mouthie" players?
> I should have added George Current to the list. I don't know if he's
> recorded anything, but he has played around the Edinburgh scene and
> has been persuaded by ALP to teach an evening class.

He hasn't made any recordings.  But George and I have been a fixture
at Sandy Bell's on Sunday afternoons for a few years, so if you're
in Edinburgh it's easy enough to find him.

Another unrecorded player is Eddie Wallace from Glasgow.  He usually
plays a multiple-diatonic moothie, but whereas most people with those
have only six on the spindle (two flats to three sharps) he has twelve
for all keys.  It needs a different technique; most moothie players
move the instrument from side to side, but in his case the instrument
is nearly as heavy as his head, so he leaves it still and nods like a
Muppet.  (I've never yet seen him play in D flat or F sharp).  He's
good at Continental-style dance music, things you'd expect to hear
from a musette accordionist.  He's in the background in one of the
photos on my website, though only with a few individual moothies.