On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Rita Hamilton wrote:

> When I purchase my next 'puter, which will not be an Apple, I  wish to be able
> to take a CD, isolate a tune/track, and convert it to a midi file. What software
> do I need to do that?

I would suggest the first thing would be to have software which takes
the CD and makes a WAV file of the track. They are usually called
CD Rippers.

There is mention of a program called Akoff:
        http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=21857#514448

The question has been brought up before at the Mudcat Cafe's Forum.
I could not find a more recent thread, but asked about a more recent
thread at this older thread:

Wave to MIDI
        http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=20866

There is  a consensus that they may be "finicky" at best.

So, stop by at the Mudcat for a visit.

        Bidh mi 'gad fhaicinn!!!

        IWK Children's Hospital Telethon - June 1st and 2nd, 2002
                $4.1 Million for 2002 - Thanks!!!

 <<<<<   An ni\ a thig leis a' ghaoith, falbhaidh e leis an uisge. >>>>>
 George / Seo\ras Seto

 e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GeoCities address  [EMAIL PROTECTED]