> I have been  enjoying this tune a lot. Thanks for reminding me of it and
> sharing the abc's.
>
> It seems that agreement here is that it was made by Bobby MacLeod. Liner
> notes from "Fit As A Fiddle" indeed do give credit to Mr. MacLeod and
> that Natalie MacMaster learned the tune from Sharon Shannon.  (And btw
> Dominique, the 2nd abc you gave is almost note for note the same as
> Natalie's version).

 On Natalie's version you have to watch yourself, if I remember correctly,
there's a quick shift up into 3rd position on the fiddle.
 I find that the angle I tend to hold the fiddle, in order to allow some
of my whip bowing stuff to work more easily, is not necessarily the best
angle to allow me to shift up into the higher positions on the neck of
the fiddle. So when I used to play that tune (I haven't played Jean's
reel in probably about 3 years!), I'd straighten up the fiddle into more
of the art music violin position. My first violin teacher would be proud,
he thought that traditional music was worthless crap anyway. :-)

Toby