John said:
> Derek -
> I did go to that web site. There's no mention of Jeans Reel anywhere.

You're right :)  But it does tell you about MacLeod if you don't know of
him.  He would feature on any shortlist of Scots music greats of the 20th
century.

The CD of the old 78s is great.  Jean's Reel is too modern a composition to
feature.  One of my abiding memories is of going into the Mishnish in
Tobermory (MacLeod's hotel) for a tune many years ago.  Someone started
Jean's Reel, and I heard a button box wheezing into life at my back.  The
Man Himself had quietly slipped in at the back of the session  :)

Derek