Jim Dawson wrote:
> In fact I do not see any real information regarding modes coming
> out in this discussion, plenty of show boating about how much
> music history they know and nothing about how to use modes in
> real life music.

I presume you mean me.

I'd already put a fair bit of such information in the modes tutorial
on my website; I wasn't about to repeat it.  I assumed that everybody
on this list had already read that.

One point I make there, about an honest-to-god technical feature of
the sort you seem to be asking about, is the one about gap-filling as
a structural principle in large pieces, like multi-part pipe marches.
I can't believe I'm the first to notice that, but I've never seen
anybody else mention it in print.  It's so pervasive I'd expect it
to be on the RSAMD traditional music syllabus.