Jack Campin wrote:

I presume you mean me.

No Jack I was not referring to you, I was simply venting at people
being dismissive of certain genres of music without having anything
of worth to add to the discussion or even thinking about the reality
that some people do like such music (and I am not referring to myself
either).

Well then I presume you mean me.

I specifically said:

  "Note that when I refer to "country music", I'm not talking about the
crap that Nashville now passes off as the stuff. That stuff is rubbish,
just like top 40 music of every other genre nowadays.. Sad.."

To which Matt Seattle wrote:

"Craig David's pretty good, no?"

To which you responded:

"I find it sad and narrow minded that people can rubbish music like
this. In fact I do not see any real information regarding modes coming
out in this discussion, plenty of show boating about how much music
history they know and nothing about how to use modes in real life music."

Which my response would be:

Craig David isn't a product of the Nashville music machine. Obviously
there are some genuine talents sandwiched between the Christina Aguilera, Brittany Spears and Marylin Mansons that make it through and get recognized by record sales. Although not many! It's more like the exception as opposed to the rule.
There are some stunning talents who play genres of music that are
mostly ignored by major record companies, because they can't be easily
packaged and marketed.. Is it so "narrow minded" to wish that these folks could get recognized for their talents & hard work?? Is that so sad?
Furthermore, if you don't think I have anything of worth to add to the discussion, you're welcome to delete me emails without reading.
Finally, I don't believe I've ever showboated about my knowledge of music history, because frankly I don't know a whole lot about music history. David or Jack have a much better knowledge then I do..
If you want written information on how modes work in real music, there are plenty of books out there, or you can just learn all the modal scale patterns and explore what you can do with them and how certain tunes fall into certain modalities.
This list is no substitute for that kind of learning..