2011/7/18 Jussi Hakala jussi.hak...@movial.com
Thanks for both reply's. Realy helped me to get further.

> On 07/03/2011 01:25 AM, Ron Hermsen wrote:
>
>> I tried to install the same setup as I did a year ago (SB1.0.17), and
>> each time I try to setup the new target I get: Failed to install
>> C-libraty to tarket: DV20x0
>>
>> I even re-installed everything from scratch twice, but same results.
>> (Using the current 1.0.26 versions this goes fine at this point)
>>
>> Is this expected?
>>

> You're probably having an older toolchain package and a newer scratchbox.
> Try selecting python-legacy devkit for your target.

I was using the list below, the same toolchain and the same scratchbox as
about a year ago. But I reinstalled the latest scratchbox now, so I can't
try with python-legacy.

>  (core-1.0.17, libs-1.0.17, devkit-doctools-1.0.13, devkit-perl-1.0.4,
>> toolchain-host-gcc-1.0.17, devkit-cputransp-1.0.9, devkit-debian-1.0.10,
>> devkit-qemu-0.12.50-0sb3, devkit-debian-squeeze-1.0.3, devkit-git-1.0.1,
>> devkit-mtd-1.0.2)
>>
> If you're not using sbrsh as a cpu transparency, you can safely drop that
> devkit.

Ok, I understood that from the current scratchbox. And indeed found it is
aslo true for SB 1.0.17

>  Q2:
>>
>> During setup of the new target with the current version (SB1.0.26), at
>> selecting devkits I’m missing debian-lenny as an option to install (with
>> SB1.0.17 this option was there).
>>
>> Is that OK?
>>
> It was an experimental devkit provided by some versions of debian devkit,
> which was later outdated and is no longer there.

 Q4:

>> As mentioned in my previous post I’m missing "sb_automake_wrapper",
>> "sb_autoconf_wrapper" and a number of symlinks.
>>
>> I’m also missing “pkg-config”. As far as I can trace I didn’t install
>> this myself on my working installation.
>>
>> Did I miss a step to get the missing files installed?
>>

> All of those are dropped from core, in favor of target or devkit based
> solutions.
>
> If you want them back like they were in the older cores, select
> autotools-legacy for your target. Then they're provided by the legacy
> devkit.

 These are the devkits I have currently installed for my target.
[sbox-DV20x0: ~] > sb-conf show DV20x0
Compiler: uclibc-crosstools_gcc-3.4.2_uclibc-20050502
Devkits: *qemu perl git mtd autotools-legacy debian-squeeze
*CPU-transparency: /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-mips-sb
[sbox-DV20x0: ~] >

And after this the missing files are in
"/scratchbox/devkits/autotools-legacy/bin/"...great
The hello-word test is now also working.

2011/7/18 Jussi Hakala <jussi.hak...@movial.com>

> On 07/03/2011 01:25 AM, Ron Hermsen wrote:
>
>>    But now the installation test [1] [2] failes at the first step.
>>    I'm missing aclocal and others. From my working setup I found they
>>    should be located in /scratchbox/tools/bin/
>>    Which step do I miss that add the missings "sb_automake_wrapper" and
>>    "sb_autoconf_wrapper" files and create the missing symlinks?
>>

> Select autotools-legacy for your host-gcc target.
>
> I'd recommend something like the following:
>
> % sb-conf st host -c host-gcc -d
> autotools-legacy:python-**legacy:perl:debian-etch
> -t none

Here the devkits I have selected for my HOST:
[sbox-DV20x0: ~] > sb-conf show host
Compiler: host-gcc
Devkits: *autotools-legacy perl debian-etch
*CPU-transparency: none
I will install python-legacy later..

 I do run into another issue while compiling "libsigc++-1.9.16" it gives
error: "_Atomic_word' does not name a type" and others.
I will start a new thread for that with all details, but first I will try
again to cross-compile it outside SB1.