On 09/06/2011 02:01 PM, Athanasios Silis wrote:
Then I guess its the
scratchbox-toolchain-arm-linux-cs2010q1-202-1.0.17-2-i386.tar.gz the
toolchain I will need..? where can I read info about the specific toolchain?

The compiler will tell how it was configured if you issue a command like gcc -v.

For most cases, the compilers are so called foreign toolchains, compiled outside Scratchbox (perhaps by a 3rd party) and they're just imported into Scratchbox.

In these cases any written information about the compiler is in the source package and/or original download site.

I used sb-menu to create test targets. Navigating through 'new target'
creation, I chose a toolchain (f.e.
scratchbox-toolchain-arm-linux-cs2010q1-202-1.0.17-2-i386.tar.g), then i
chose devkits (f.e. qemu, perl and debian-* ) and then it would ask me
whether to install a rootstrap -to which i answered no- and whether to
install files - to which i answered yes. Next screen would take me to
choose among options : C-library, C-runtime. gdb, xtrace and few other
options. I chose all of them and next thing that appeared was a msg
stating that installation of C-library failed on target <target_name>.

The toolchain in question is probably older than the support for installing just c runtime files. If memory serves, in Scratchbox the c runtime files come with c library ones, so for most cases you can just choose c library.

And choose only one debian flavor from the devkits. In some specific cases there can be dependencies between devkits, but missing dependencies are added automatically to target configuration, so it's safe just to choose one.

Regards,

  Jussi