i rember a time long ago, the old man said to his son. when sunny day
real estate were on sub pop their albums were amazing, and their shows
were only $10-15 dollars. that was before they hitched a ride to major
label land. now all thier albums ,yet still very good, are as jeremy
puts it "overseen by the suits, while eating elvis candy bars."
dont get me wrong son sunny day are  still the beatles of the our time,
and i respected the decision to jump to cg records [corporate giant
records] all the bs that came along w/that move was just unfair.
last night on mtv [marketing tv not music] a sunny day concert was on
mtv, [hop-hop had finally died out a couple of years ago and now emo is
all the rage, sunny day and the promise ring now have their own gap
commercials.......eeeekkk!]and son you wont believe this but the after
show party....the c.g.r. president was holding a gun to jeremy's head
and forcing him to autograph a 15 year-old girls boob! he did the same
to dan and joe and will. daddy , the little boy said, yes son? the old
man replied. we should've gone to that show, i wanted to go the father
said but we couldnt afford the $253.96 tickets, and that was the
cheapest show so far this tour. the band of course is not getting any
where near their fair share of course, jeremy and his wife audra, have
had their house re-possessed, because album sales are under the 5
million mark they now live on dan's farm along w/will and joe. you see
son sunny day has been made slaves of the man. when they signed to
c.g.r. they gave up their houses, cars, and their lives and every thing
else they hold dear to their lives. that is very sick, the little boy
said, yes son i know, the father said, with a tear rolling down his
cheek, the old man went up-stairs to his room to listen to how it feels
.......and think of when days were golden, when he got to meet his
favourite band when they were allowed to talk to their fans, ah yes the
good ole days...............come mamma now momma tell me the story only
laughing about our guilded waste land....said the voice comming out of
the stereo. the old man looked at a picture on his night stand ,taken
when he was only 20, of himself w/ 4 other human beings who make
beautiful music.......sunny day real estate.

ok, ok, i have nothing aginst sdre going off to major lable land, i wish
them the best of luck! just as long as they dont forget about [and they
probably wont] the fans the peolpe who love them most, of which us
sdre-l people are, and they dont compromise the music!
*hugs*
steve

>From: "WALLACE, JARED" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'dane '" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "'sdre-l '"