Exactly.  i think that on the record, it is the way the drums are recorded that
makes him seem "soft."  there was a similar thread when HIFTBSO came out, but
anyone who saw them in concert knew that will was playing his heart out (and
killing that nice set of drums).  did you see the "video" on the timebomb
website of will in the studio playing?  the mic of the camera was a little too
close and every time will hit a cymbal, he hit it so hard it distorted the mic.
 he still hits his shit and he still fucking rules.

love ryan